Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (32)





"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that showcases upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating!
I first heard about it from PageTurnersBlog.




My Waiting on Wednesday this week:
Blood Song by Rhiannon Hart
Publication Date: September 1st, 2011

Synopsis:
I wanted to turn but I was held captive by the song on the wind. I’m coming, I told the voices. Please, wait for me.

When her sister becomes betrothed to a prince in a northern nation, Zeraphina’s only consolations are that her loyal animal companions are by her side – and that her burning hunger to travel north is finally being sated.

Already her black hair and pale eyes mark her out as different, but now Zeraphina must be even more careful to keep her secret safe. Craving blood is not considered normal behaviour for anyone, let alone a princess. So when the king’s advisor, Rodden, seems to know more about her condition than she does, Zeraphina is determined to find out more.

Zeraphina must be willing to sacrifice everything if she’s to uncover the truth – but what if the truth is beyond her worst nightmares?


That cover is really interesting... I love the bird with the smoke the most. It's intriguing and I want to know what it means. The story sounds like another different take on vampires, but it also seems like it's set in more of a fantasy-type world. Definitely something that caught my attention!

What upcoming releases are you looking forward to?

11 comments:

  1. I like the cover of this one! Great pick!

    My Wow

    Suzanne @ Under the Covers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sound of this one! Heard so many good things about it, can't wait! Great pick :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great cover! The synopsis sounds good, too. Enjoy!

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! Thanks for stopping by my blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover is definitely gorgeous, but I'm kind of iffy about the synopsis. But I'll keep my eye out for it when it hits the shelves!:)

    My WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that cover - thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks and sounds awesome. love the cover too. thanks for stopping by our WoW post. :)

    -Michelle
    Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pamela! Thank you for stopping by on my blog :D
    I love the cover, great choice!
    -Eleonora

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting! I'm curious to see how it's received in Australia... hopefully RH will bring it to the US as well. I'm always interested to read new takes on old ideas.

    Feel free to check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete