Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (29)





"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that showcases upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating!
I first heard about it from PageTurnersBlog.




My Waiting on Wednesday this week:
Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay
Publication Date: August 9, 2011

Synopsis:
The most tragic love story in history...

Juliet Capulet didn't take her own life. She was murdered by the person she trusted most, her new husband, Romeo Montague, a sacrifice made to ensure his own immortality. But what Romeo didn't anticipate was that Juliet would be granted eternity, as well, and would become an agent for the Ambassadors of Light. For 700 years, she's fought Romeo for the souls of true lovers, struggling to preserve romantic love and the lives of the innocent. Until the day she meets someone she's forbidden to love, and Romeo, oh Romeo, will do everything in his power to destroy that love.


I love a good retelling, and this one combines the awesome story of Romeo and Juliet with a paranormal element. What's not to love? And I love that cover. It screams "damsel in distress" and draws me right in!

What upcoming release are you looking forward to?

10 comments:

  1. I've been seeing this around a lot and was really exciting for it, but I only JUST added it to my calendar. Can't wait for this one!
    Great pick. :)

    My WoW: http://astorytolove.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-glow.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this book somewhere and thought it sounded interesting. I hope you get it. I cannot wait to see what you think about it.
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this book before but it sounds good! Romeo and Juliet was a great book so a spinoff book would probably be good too! Thanks for visiting my blog! New follower!

    Rumana @ Relook the Book

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Pam, that sounds kick ass indeed! Love it. New Follower :)

    -Lacey PEACE.LOVE.BOOKS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this book on goodreads and I fell in love with the cover! Then I read the summary and new I had to read it!! This is such an awesome take on Romeo and Juliet and I can't wait to read it!!
    Here's my WoW! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had this on my WoW last week. I really can't wait for it.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. TOTALLY can't wait for this one!!! Stacey Jay completely ROCKS!
    My Wow Post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this looks fantastic i want to read it so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so waiting for this one too!
    Thanks for the visit :}

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds awesome! I'll be adding this to my TBR pile now :)

    ReplyDelete