Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (21)

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme, hosted by MizB of Should be Reading. Just do the following:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
DO NOT INCLUDE SPOILERS (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away, so that you don't ruin the book for others)
Share the title and author so that other participants can add the book to their TBR list is they like your teasers!

I haven't been able to read too much or post any teasers in a while, so I'm setting up posts in advance so I can give you teasers of what I'm reading. This week, I'm giving you a teaser from Josephine Angelini's Starcrossed! I'm not very far in, but it's really great writing so far! Here's my teaser:





Lucas was holding her by the wrists to keep her hands away from his neck, she realized. They were locked in a stalemate, and if she could get her fingers half an inch closer, she could reach his throat.





This is the first meeting between Lucas and Helen, the two main characters. I haven't learned yet where the hatred comes from or why Helen feels like she has to kill Lucas, but I'm excited to find out!

Feel free to share your teasers! I'd love to see what you're reading.

6 comments:

  1. Oooh, great teaser!

    My Teaser Tuesday is from Matched by Ally Condie. Happy Reading! Jen @ A Reader's Journey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a romance in the making. Nice tease.
    Book Dilettante

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Teaser!! I wonder what will happen next!

    Paranormal Wastelands' TT
    http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2011/06/teaser-tuesday_21.html#comments

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Teaser! I want to read this book so bad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow awesome teaser. I was on the fence about this one but now I must read it.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/06/teaser-tuesday-24.html

    ReplyDelete