Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012 Debut Author Challenge


This post is to let all of you know that I'm singing up for the 2012 Debut Author Challenge hosted by Kristi @ The Story Siren. The premise is that you read at least 12 young adult (YA) or middle grade (MG) debut author books throughout the year. You can read more if you want, but 12 is the minimum. If you are not sure, debut authors are authors who are releasing their first YA or MG novel. If you want to participate as well, or just learn more, you can get more details over here.

Here is my 2012 DAC list:

1. Incarnate by Jodi Meadows*
2. Everneath by Brodi Ashton*
3. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi*
4. Above by Leah Bobet
5. Article 5 by Kristen Simmons*
6. The Selection by Kiera Cass*
7. Of Poseidon by Anna Banks*
8. The Glimpse by Claire Merle
9. The Other Life by Susanne Winnacker*
10. Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins*
11. Glitch by Heather Anastasiu
12. Crewel by Gennifer Albin
13. What’s Left of Me by Kat Zhang
14. Skylark by Meagan Spooner
15. MILA 2.0 by Debra Driza
16. Something Like Normal by Trish Doller*
17. Touching the Surface by Kimberly Sabatini
18. Undeadly by Michele Vail
19. Survive by Alex Morel*
20. Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone
21. Forbidden by Syrie James
22. ExtraNormal by Suze Reese
23. Intangible by J. Meyers
24. Wrecked by Anna Davies*
25. Altered by Jennifer Rush
26. False Memory by Dan Krokos

*=The ones I am most looking forward to.

So my list is currently double the required amount of books, so maybe that'll help me actually complete the challenge this year! All these books are currently on my TBR list. Practically half of the 2012 books on my TBR list are written by debut authors. I honestly think 2012 is going to be an amazing year YA books, especially debuts!

Feel free to follow my progress on my Debut Author Challenge Page here.

1 comment:

  1. Great DAC choices! I've got several of these on my DAC list. And a few of these I've not heard of, so I'll have to check them out.

    Good luck!
    Wendy @ Escape Into Fiction

    ReplyDelete