Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (23)

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme, hosted by MizB of Should be Reading. Just do the following:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
DO NOT INCLUDE SPOILERS (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away, so that you don't ruin the book for others)
Share the title and author so that other participants can add the book to their TBR list is they like your teasers!

I've been slowly reading Acadia, Book I: The Lost King and the Goddess of Time by Ali M. Naqvi for a little while now. It hasn't been slow going because of the story, only because of my lack of time. I'm planning to finish it before I pick up another book. And so, here is a teaser from this epic story for you!




The cold air ripped through him like if he was riding a storm, taking away the warmth from his clothes, but it didn't bother him at all, rather curiosity and concern were the only things on his mind.
Damont halted on the hill that overlooked the town and the tower before the sea, but then felt as if his heart had just stopped beating at what he was witnessing...




This is very reminiscent of Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkein. It has that epic journey feel to it. So far as I've gotten, Damont hasn't left for the big voyage yet, but I'm just getting to that part. I hope it's an exciting one!

Feel free to share your teasers with me. I'd love to see what you're reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment