Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (43)

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme, hosted by MizB of Should be Reading. Just do the following:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
DO NOT INCLUDE SPOILERS (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away, so that you don't ruin the book for others)
Share the title and author so that other participants can add the book to their TBR list is they like your teasers!

I'm reading Beth Revis' second novel in her Across the Universe Trilogy, A Million Suns. Here's a teaser for you:



As soon as the words slip past my lips, I wish I could grab them with my hands and crush them in my fists.
But I can't.
The words are there.
I've called Amy a freak, the one thing I swore I'd never do.




I debated not adding the last line for fear of spoilers, but the teaser didn't have the same effect without it. And I don't think it's too spoilery, just has some shock value (if you've read AtU). When I read these books, I surprise myself with how much I enjoy the mystery and suspense so much. I never think of myself as a reader that enjoys these genres. But I think the sci-fi aspect also has a lot to do with how much I'm enjoying this series.

Feel free to share your teasers. I'd love to see what you're reading!

4 comments:

  1. Oh boo!! that's so mean of her! I can't wait to read this series! Great teaser!

    My FF

    Ning @ Reading by Kindle Fire

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, it wouldn't have the same effect without the last sentence. :) I love it, though, and it's not too spoilery. I haven't read this series yet but it sounds really interesting!

    My teaser for this week is here.

    Happy reading!
    Vicky
    Books, Biscuits, and Tea

    ReplyDelete