Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (29)

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme, hosted by MizB of Should be Reading. Just do the following:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
DO NOT INCLUDE SPOILERS (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away, so that you don't ruin the book for others)
Share the title and author so that other participants can add the book to their TBR list is they like your teasers!

I'm currently reading The Lightning Thief, book one in the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan, for book club. It's our last book before the school year, and I think we chose a good one to go out with. Here's my teaser:




By the time I looked up, the sign was already fading, but I could till make out the hologram of green light, spinning and gleaming. A three-tipped spear: a trident.




Might be *slightly* spoilery, but I feel like a lot of people know more about the story since the movie came out, even just from the trailers. I haven't seen the movie yet either. The book, however, is pretty interesting to start. Lots of action and stuff going on. I can't wait to see how the movie measures up.

Feel free to share your teasers with me. I'd love to see what you're reading!

7 comments:

  1. I love Rick Riordan! He has a way of getting reluctant readers to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this series - great teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear that's a good book. Here is my teaser:
    http://eyesandearsblog.blogspot.com/2011/09/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this series! Your teaser makes me want to reread this book. I hope you're enjoying it. Thanks for stopping by my TT.

    marcie @ To Read or Not To Read

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser! This series looks like a lot of fun! New follower!

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser. I love this series.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/09/teaser-tuesday-35.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    You chose a great teaser from the series. I love, love, LOVE this series and hope you're enjoying it. I'm so excited for the new book next month!

    ReplyDelete