Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (14)

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme, hosted by MizB of Should be Reading. Just do the following:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
DO NOT INCLUDE SPOILERS (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away, so that you don't ruin the book for others)
Share the title and author so that other participants can add the book to their TBR list is they like your teasers!

Just to warn you, I'm cheating for my Teaser Tuesday this week by sharing more than 2 sentences. Don't hate me! It's worth it!

I’m finally reading Maggie Stiefvater’s debut novel, Lament. I honestly don’t know why I waited so long, but I’m so happy I’m reading it now. I love her writing! Here’s my teaser this week:


I lay on the marble forever while the gravestones outside marked time, the moon’s shadow moving around them, lighting the other side of their worn surfaces and illuminating Christian names that hadn’t been used in decades. Cold crept through me, passing from the marble into my veins. Every moment that I lay on the cold stone, hoping and dreading that Luke would pull me from the ground, images of death flew through my head. No. Not just death. Murder.



Hehehe I hope that whet your appetite a bit. I am loving this book. Maggie’s writing is amazing, it just drags me in and doesn’t let me go. I was up until 2 AM on Sunday night reading because I didn’t want to put it down. Yes, I had class in the morning, but I just wanted to learn more and more about Luke and Deirdre!

Ok, I’m feeling generous. I want to give you another quick snippet to show you Maggie’s awesome writing. It’s a very different mood from the first:

I sighed. I wanted to take this moment, wrap it in paper, and give it to myself as a gift every time I felt crummy.

I just read this line last night and I love it. It’s such an obscure thought, but at the same time, it’s something that everyone would love to be able to do, once you think about it: Take a happy moment and wrap it up so you can cheer yourself up with that moment when you’re feeling down. Sigh. Love it.

Anyway, feel free to share your teasers with me! I’d love to see what you’re reading!

**********
Make sure you check back next week. I'll be sharing a teaser from Amy Plum's debut novel, Die For Me.

14 comments:

  1. Great teaser! I haven't read any of her books yet and I don't know what is holding me back! But looks like I need to move her books higher up my tbr list. Thanks for stopping by today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize this was a Maggie S book! It's been on my TBR list FOREVER! I mean, I probably knew it was, but must have forgotten lol.

    New follower! Thanks for commenting on my TT post =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this sounds great! Another one to add to my TBR. Here's my Teaser Tuesday. Happy Reading and thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so undecided on this book. Sometimes I really want to read it, and other times I don't. I love Maggie's writing and Shiver is one of my favorite books. I'm glad you are enjoying the book so much!

    Kristina
    http://ladybugstorytime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maggies Lament and Ballad are amazing! I loved them and actually read them twice!

    Great choice!

    I'm a new follower and glad I stopped by!

    Come by and see me!

    Kristi-The Book Faery

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teasers! I loved both Lament and Ballad. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did.
    Thanks for visiting my blog, An Avid Reader's Musings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this checked out right now. Haven't gotten to it yet, but I must say the cover is not very pretty. But thats one hell of a teaser!!!

    Thanks for sharing! Here is mine, http://miss-check-out.blogspot.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesday-delirium-by-lauren.html

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh I almost bought this one today I wish I had now. I may have to order it online. Great teaser.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesday-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh great teaser! Haven't read this series by Maggie, yet it's on my watch list!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. O I did love this book. Great teaser!

    Thanks for visiting my TT :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a great teaser! I didn't know she had other books - I love the Wolves of Mercy Falls books. I'm adding it to Mount TBR. Glad you stopped by today :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, great teaser(s)! I think a may be adding this book to my tbr pile. I'm wondering what wonderful moment the charater is speaking of!
    -Katelyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I love this book!! But I kind of love Ballad more...because of James of course. hehe :)

    New follower, btw.

    ReplyDelete