Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (12)

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme, hosted by MizB of Should be Reading. Just do the following:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
DO NOT INCLUDE SPOILERS (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away, so that you don't ruin the book for others)
Share the title and author so that other participants can add the book to their TBR list is they like your teasers!

So, I just finished reading Wither on Sunday night, but I haven’t picked up a new book yet and I still wanted to use it as a teaser. So here is my teaser from Lauren DeStefano’s Wither:





“What is is?” Cecily says. “What’s wrong?”
“It’s the virus,” Vaughn says. I supposed he’s trying to sound remorseful but all I see is a giant cartoon snake flicking his tongue. Jenna’s life is nothing to him.






Oh man, it’s so sad when Jenna gets sick. I don’t really want to say much about it right now and spoil anything, but it was a very emotional book! Lauren DeStefano made sure that you as a reader could really feel the emotions of her characters. It was beautifully written.

I hope to get a review written and posted soon, but I’m also very busy with school so I apologize if it takes me a little longer than normal!

Feel free to share links to your teasers. I’d love to see what you’re reading!

6 comments:

  1. I NEED this book .. I've heard only great things about it so far !! I hope you're enjoying it ;) Happy reading !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just those few sentences and I already don't like Vaughn.
    I love tuesdays! So many new books to add to my "to be read" list!
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a gripping teaser! This book looks and sounds mesmerizing! I am adding it to my wish list!

    Here is mine:

    http://www.cafeofdreamsbookreviews.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesday-38.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds awesome! I've heard nothing but great things about it and i'm dying to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A GREAT teaser! I want this!

    Teaser Tuesday is so much fun! Here is mine. Please drop by and say hello! I'd love to hear from you.

    Have a great Tuesday!

    Sassy Brit
    Alternative-Read.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear this book sounds sad - not sure about it now.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesday-9.html

    ReplyDelete