"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that showcases upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating!
I first heard about it from PageTurnersBlog.
I've been putting together my Debut Authors Challenge 2011 list, and so I was introduced to a lot of new books that are coming out next year. The one I chose for my WoW is one that really caught my eye and I'm pretty excited for!
My Waiting on Wednesday this week:
Wildefire by Karsten Knight
Publication date: July 26, 2011
Ashline Wilde never received an instruction manual on how to be a 16-year-old Polynesian volcano goddess. If she had, it might have contained helpful warnings such as:
• Dreaming about your (thankfully) mortal boyfriend may cause your bed to spontaneously combust
• Oven mitts should be worn at all times during heavy make-out sessions
Instead, Ash has to learn these life lessons the hard way as her dormant powers erupt at the most awkward times. In the wake of a hometown tragedy, Ash transfers to Blackwood Academy, a boarding school nestled in California’s redwoods, where a group of fellow gods-on-earth have mysteriously convened. As if sophomore year couldn’t get any worse, her storm goddess older sister, the wild and unpredictable Eve, resurfaces to haunt Ashline. With a war between the gods looming over Blackwood, Ash must master the fire smoldering within her before she clashes with her sister one final time, which leads us to life-lesson #3:
• When warm and cold fronts collide, there’s guaranteed to be a storm.
Reasons why I chose this:
1. Volcanic Goddess. I mean come on, doesn't that sound awesome? I could stop the list here.
2. Do you see that cover?? It's mesmerizing.
3. It's different from most YA (i.e. vampires, werewolves, faeries, etc.)
4. The author is male, and I feel they are highly under-represented in YA fiction. Plus, he's kinda hilarious. (Click on his name for a link to his blog/vlog)
The only part I don't like, is that I have to wait until the SUMMER to read this! Just one more reason for it to come faster!
What upcoming releases are you looking forward to?