Monday, January 30, 2012

Must Read Monday (9)

Fans of Fiction
Must Read Monday is a new meme hosted by Jenna at Fans of Fiction. The idea is to create an acrostic poem about a book in the chosen category of the week.
This week’s category: Favourite self-published book

Summer camp is definitely not Riley's
Idea of fun, especially since she's a
XV-year-old city girl. Her parents are

Making her attend camp
Only so they can divorce with her
Out of the way.
Now she's being bullied,

She's homesick, and
Unfortunately has been bitten by a
Monster - a werewolf. Riley
Must find a way to
Escape the monster within her before it
Ruins her chances at a normal life.

This week I chose S.M. Reine's debut novel, Six Moon Summer. This is a really great book and series. I actually liked the second book, All Hallows' Moon, more than the first, but I chose to use the first so I didn't have to worry about spoilers. Reine's writing is really great. The way she writes the transformations from human to wolf are incredibly descriptive, that it hurt me when reading sometimes. If you're a fan of werewolf stories, like I am, I definitely recommend this one!

Read my review here.
Find it on Goodreads here.
Visit S.M. Reine here.
Six Moon Summer is currently on sale for $0.99 USD on Amazon! I highly recommend picking it up!

Feel free to try out this meme! It's a new way to introduce blog followers to new books.

4 comments:

  1. I love the sound of this book especially because it contains werewolves. The cover is gorgeous too so its making me even more intrigued. (And I love what you did with the X- very creative).

    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves
    Here's my MRM: http://lostamongsttheshelves.blogspot.com/2012/01/must-read-monday_30.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was awesome, using the age there so creatively with XV. You could win just for that! :) This sounds like a good series. I'm headed over to check out your review now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative with the age! I've never read this one, but I'm adding it to by TBR list

    ReplyDelete
  4. You definitely get an award for being creative with that x:) This sounds great. The fact that you mentioned her parents sending her away so they can deal with a divorce gives me the sense that lots of people can connect with bits of the plot. I also appreciated reading your little blurb at the end about how powerful the descriptions are about the changing into a werewolf. Great choice. Adding it to my list!

    -Jenna @ Fans of Fiction

    ReplyDelete