Monday, April 23, 2012

Author Interview: Augusta Blythe


I'm really excited to have author Augusta Blythe on the blog today promoting her second self-published novel, Ravenstoke! This book is the sequel to her debut novel, Winterborne, and second in the Universe Unbound series. Before we get to the interview, here's some more information about Ravenstoke!


Synopsis:
In Winterborne, Loie and Mia's seventeenth birthdays brought more drama and surprises than they ever expected. Now, in Ravenstoke, they are adjusting to the aftermath and struggling to keep those newfound powers in check. When Andreas is called away to England under mysterious circumstances, a new guy is sent to Salcey Ridge in his place. Cian is smarmy and cocksure and Loie wants nothing more than to unleash a hellhound on him. Unfortunately, Cian isn't the only complication in their lives as the girls must also contend with the reappearance of Mr. Winterborne himself and Loie's most dreaded fear of all - a part in the school musical. Can the girls survive the rest of junior year unscathed?

Interview

Describe Ravenstoke in 5 words or less.
Banter, beasts, the school musical.

What made you want to write about an evolved race of humans?
I love mythology and the amazing world people created in order to explain the natural world. I wanted to look forward as well as back and see where the human race might be headed, albeit with a fantastical bent rather than sci-fi.

Do you have a song playlist for the book/series that you would be willing to share with readers?
I am a sucker for all the Glee albums, but partial to the one featuring the Warblers. I also listened to a lot of Keane for reasons which are obvious if you’ve read Ravenstoke.

What can you tell us about the next book in the series, The Yawning Void?
It will wrap up Loie and Mia’s story as the issues between Ancients and Universals come to a head. We’ll also get to know more about Cian and see which side he’s playing for.

This or That:
Coffee or tea? Both, although I only do fancy pants coffees like caramel lattes. And I live in England so tea is a requirement.
M&Ms or Skittles? M&Ms, hands down.
Paper books or eBooks? Both. I’m not a smelling-the-pages kind of person, but I love the way my covers look in print. Equally, I love the convenience of ebooks.
Beach retreat or camping vacation? Beach retreat! If there’s no spa shower with a view of the ocean, it’s not for me.
Harry Potter or Twilight? HP. Hermione rocks and I can’t wait

**********

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions, Augusta!

Here's where you can find more information about Augusta Blythe and her books:

No comments:

Post a Comment