Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (11)





"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that showcases upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating!
I first heard about it from PageTurnersBlog.




My Waiting on Wednesday this week:
Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton
Publication Date: February 15, 2011

When seventeen-year-old Ellie starts seeing reapers - monstrous creatures who devour humans and send their souls to Hell - she finds herself on the front lines of a supernatural war between archangels and the Fallen and faced with the possible destruction of her soul.

A mysterious boy named Will reveals she is the reincarnation of an ancient warrior, the only one capable of wielding swords of angelfire to fight the reapers, and he is an immortal sworn to protect her in battle. Now that Ellie's powers have been awakened, a powerful reaper called Bastian has come forward to challenge her. He has employed a fierce assassin to eliminate her - an assassin who has already killed her once.

While balancing her dwindling social life and reaper-hunting duties, she and Will discover Bastian is searching for a dormant creature believed to be a true soul reaper. Bastian plans to use this weapon to ignite the End of Days and to destroy Ellie's soul, ending her rebirth cycle forever. Now, she must face an army of Bastian's most frightening reapers, prevent the soul reaper from consuming her soul, and uncover the secrets of her past lives - including truths that may be too frightening to remember.


I'm actually reading an eGalley of this right now from NetGalley and loving it. I know I'm going to have to pick up my own copy when it comes out in a couple weeks. Check back around the weekend (hopefully) for my review!

Since I feel like I cheated you out of a real "Waiting on" Wednesday, I give you a second today!

The Iron Thorn by Caitlin Kittredge
Publication Date: February 22, 2011

In the city of Lovecraft, the Proctors rule and a great Engine turns below the streets, grinding any resistance to their order to dust. The necrovirus is blamed for Lovecraft's epidemic of madness, for the strange and eldritch creatures that roam the streets after dark, and for everything that the city leaders deem Heretical—born of the belief in magic and witchcraft. And for Aoife Grayson, her time is growing shorter by the day.

Aoife Grayson's family is unique, in the worst way—every one of them, including her mother and her elder brother Conrad, has gone mad on their 16th birthday. And now, a ward of the state, and one of the only female students at the School of Engines, she is trying to pretend that her fate can be different.


The Iron Thorn is a book that I can add to my 2011 Debut Author Challenge list. I haven't read any steampunk, but I definitely want to. And I know I like dystopian. Then there's this book, that's a mix of both steampunk and dystopian! I have to try it out. The cover is also really interesting... it's kind of creepy actually, but in a good way. The one thing I'll have to get used to is the main character's name. I'm not even sure how I would pronounce that...

What upcoming releases are you looking forward to?

8 comments:

  1. I can't wait to have Angelfire !! I've heard so many great things about it !! Great choices Pamela ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting books you have here, thanks for sharing them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm actually going to be reviewing Angelfire in a week or two. It was pretty good. And I'm anxious to read Iron Thorn as well as it sounds freakin' awesome.

    And I love your layout! It's very cute and simplistic. Plus, I love pink! And I read your brief about me on the way over here, and saw that you're a university student. How do you balance reading and studying, I'd like to know?

    Thank you very much for stopping by the blog! And as soon as I find your follow button, I'll be your latest follower. (The layout really did me in. *lol*)

    Have a great day and happy reading!

    Asher K. (Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Angelfire on my WOW This week too, I so can't wait for this one either. and Iron Thorn is up there too. Awesome picks.

    Our WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such good books. I haven't heard of the second one but i'm going to have to check it out! Thanks for sharing!

    Chelsea @ Rand0m Girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Iron Thorn sounds like something my daughter-in-law would love! Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to both of these as well. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choices! Not too long of a wait now! Enjoy them soon!

    ReplyDelete