Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (10)

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme, hosted by MizB of Should be Reading. Just do the following:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
DO NOT INCLUDE SPOILERS (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away, so that you don't ruin the book for others)
Share the title and author so that other participants can add the book to their TBR list is they like your teasers!

My teaser this week comes from Shannon Delany’s 13 to Life. I think this is fitting because the second book in the series, Secrets and Shadows, has been released today! I think it’s going to be a really good book (there’s sexy Russian boys, how can it not be?). Here’s my teaser:





The police officer glanced at me, saying slowly to Peter, “Got that Rusakova? Don’t be late.”
Something prickled along my spine at his tone.







I’ve just started this so I don’t really know much of what’s going on. I know that Peter (sexy Russian boy) is very mysterious and all the girls, except Jess, think he’s a beautiful God-send. I know that Jess has a mega huge crush on Derek, and that Peter doesn’t seem to like this (even though they just met). And I know that Peter hates Romeo and Juliet. So far, that’s about it! Haha. But I think I’m really going to enjoy this book.

Feel free to share links to your teasers! I’d love to see what you’re reading.

10 comments:

  1. Sexy Russian boy ??? This book is definitely for me !! It's in my pile so I really should start reading it !! =) Happy reading !! Looking forward to read your review ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mm, I do like the sexy boys. LOL. I like how you talk about what you know so far. It makes me intrigued.

    Is this a direct sequel or a stand-alone companion? Also, it looks paranormal. To what degree would you say? While I'm sick of most paranormals, I've found myself reading quite a few lately, lol.

    Thanks for sharing your tease with me. I'm glad you enjoyed my teaser as well. I hope you'll pick up Maximum Ride at some point and enjoy it. It's such a good series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOunds very intriguing. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/02/teaser-tuesdays-the-singing-and-dancing-daughters-of-god.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had my eye on this book for a while now. It sounds very interesting! Thanks for the tease!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good choice for a teaser. I loved this book. Good thing you are reading it now, won't have to wait long for book 2.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh - she'd better not be late! Adding this to my TBR list! Here's mine for the week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Intriguing teaser - hope you enjoy the book!

    Thanks for stopping by Between the Covers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one is on my bookshelf. Someday I'll get around to it:) Nice tease. Makes me wonder about the Russian boy.

    ReplyDelete