Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Goals for the New Year


Happy New Year to all! I hope you all passed a fun New Years Eve and are ready for the new year to kick start! I hope it brings you all very good things! Keep on reading to see what I'm hoping to achieve in the upcoming year for myself and my reading.

Right now, everyone in the blogosphere is making resolutions for themselves and their blogs. Growing up, my parents never made resolutions or had us make resolutions, so I never really got into the habit. Since I now have this blog (and a ridiculous amount of books to read), I’d like to make a few goals for myself. (Not resolutions, because that word really doesn’t mean much to me.)

One of these goals is to make a dent in my TBR pile. I highly doubt I’ll stop looking at new books and adding them to my list, which kind of means I fail at that goal already. I guess the goal is basically to read more so I can keep up with myself. Here’s hoping this semester at school allows for that. If not, there’s always the summer when I can catch up with myself!

My other goal is to join reading challenges and complete them successfully. I tried my first reading challenge in October, Fall Into Reading 2010. I joined a bit late and had a really busy school semester, so I didn’t get to complete the challenge, but it was a fun first try. For this year, I’ve already joined The Story Siren’s 2011 Debut Author Challenge. There are so many good debut authors and books coming out this year, that I think it’ll be fun and relatively easy. Check out my page here and follow along with my progress.

I’ve been floating around blogs looking for another challenge I might like to participate in. I want to do something fun that will also allow me to read the books I’ve already added to my TBR list without overwhelming me in an amount of books I can’t get through. Early this week, I found the A to Z Challenge and have decided that it will be fun to participate in. Check back on Friday for my post about that challenge and see the page I will have created to accompany it.

No comments:

Post a Comment