Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (16)

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme, hosted by MizB of Should be Reading. Just do the following:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
DO NOT INCLUDE SPOILERS (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away, so that you don't ruin the book for others)
Share the title and author so that other participants can add the book to their TBR list is they like your teasers!

I know I just finished City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare on Sunday night, but it was really good and I still want to share a teaser with you all. Even though you’ve probably all read it and I’m the only one drastically behind *sigh*. Here’s my teaser:





Alec turned away, shaking his head and muttering something about girls. Isabelle held out a hand to Clary. “Give me your stele,” she said. “It’s time you got some Marks.”





I’m hoping that’s not too spoilery for anyone that hasn’t read any of The Mortal Instruments books. These are really good books and I’m excited to keep going in the series until I catch up and get to read City of Fallen Angels, which just came out. I’m going to be picking up a different book before continuing onto City of Glass, because I’d like to give myself a chance to digest City of Ashes and write the review before I get all confuzzled with City of Glass in my brain, too.

Feel free to share your teasers in the comments. I’d love to see what you’re reading!

12 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of this series... might have to start!
    Here's my TT:
    http://thebookgatherer.blogspot.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesdays_12.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice teaser! :) The Mortal Instruments is one of my all-time favorite series. Have fun reading them!

    Here's my teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by. I just signed on as your newest follower. :) I haven't read any of The Mortal Instruments books yet. My friend loves them, so I'm sure she'll coax me into it eventually. LOL. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the first three books and I just got CoFA yesterday. Great teaser.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesday-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by! I haven't read this series yet, so you're not the only one who's behind!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah nice teaser! I am planning to get this series, but I too have decided to put myself on a book buying ban, because my TBR pile has stacked up high!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this series, I haven’t had the chance to read the new book out yet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I hope that means something good, rather than painful. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesdays-the-kitchen-daughter.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these books. Great teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haven't heard of this series but now I think I'll look into reading it! here is my teaser: Tuesday Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is my favorite series. Gonna re-read them so I can read CoFA! Thanks for stoppin' by today. :0)

    ReplyDelete