Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (65)





"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that showcases upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating!





Here's what I'm waiting on this week:


Dark Star by Bethany Frenette
Publication date: October 23, 2012

Synopsis:
Audrey Whitticomb has nothing to fear. Her mother is the superhero Morning Star, the most deadly crime-fighter in the Twin Cities, so it's hard for Audrey not to feel safe. That is, until she's lured into the sweet night air by something human and not human--something with talons and teeth, and a wide, scarlet smile.

Now Audrey knows the truth: her mom doesn't fight crime at night. She fights Harrowers--livid, merciless beings who were trapped Beneath eons ago. Yet some have managed to escape. And they want Audrey dead, just because of who she is: one of the Kin.

To survive, Audrey will need to sharpen the powers she has always had. When she gets close to someone, dark corners of the person's memories become her own, and she sometimes even glimpses the future. If Audrey could only get close to Patrick Tigue, a powerful Harrower masquerading as human, she could use her Knowing to discover the Harrowers' next move. But Leon, her mother's bossy, infuriatingly attractive sidekick, has other ideas. Lately, he won't let Audrey out of his sight.

When an unthinkable betrayal puts Minneapolis in terrible danger, Audrey discovers a wild, untamed power within herself. It may be the key to saving her herself, her family, and her city. Or it may be the force that destroys everything--and everyone--she loves.


Why I want it: Love that this book is about superheroes! Bethany is also a 2012 Debut Author, so I'm excited to see what she brings to the YA world!


Touched by Corrine Jackson
Publication date: October 29, 2012

Synopsis:
Remy O’Malley heals people with touch—but every injury she cures becomes her own. Living in a household with an abusive stepfather, she has healed untold numbers of broken bones, burns,and bruises. And then one night her stepfather goes too far.

Being sent to live with her estranged father offers a clean start and she is eager to take it. Enter Asher Blackwell. Once a Protector of Healers, Asher sacrificed his senses to become immortal. Only by killing a Healer can a Protector recover their human senses. Falling in love is against the rules between these two enemies. Because Remy has the power to make Protectors human again, and when they find out, they’ll becoming for her—if Asher doesn’t kill her first.

This is Book One in the Sense Thieves trilogy.

Why I want it: I love the idea that the main character absorbs the injuries she heals. It has me fascinated. And then there's the whole star-crossed lovers thing, too.


Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky #2) by Veronica Rossi
Publication date: January 8, 2013

**WARNING: SPOILERS**

Synopsis:
It's been months since Aria last saw Perry. Months since Perry was named Blood Lord of the Tides, and Aria was charged with an impossible mission. Now, finally, they are about to be reunited. But their reunion is far from perfect. The Tides don't take kindly to Aria, a former Dweller. And with the worsening Aether storms threatening the tribe's precarious existence, Aria begins to fear that leaving Perry behind might be the only way to save them both.

Threatened by false friends, hidden enemies, and powerful temptations, Aria and Perry wonder, Can their love survive through the ever night?

In this second book in her spellbinding Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi combines fantasy and dystopian elements to create a captivating love story as perilous as it is unforgettable.


Why I want it: Why wouldn't I be?!? I loved Under the Never Sky. I recently read the first two chapters of Through the Ever Night and it's got me even more excited. To top things off, my roommate is currently reading UtNS so I'm basically going all asdkfjawkjabf right now!

What upcoming releases are you looking forward to?

8 comments:

  1. These are some awesome picks. I loved Under The Never Sky. I have and arc of Dark Star, I really need to get reading it. :)

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look tempting...but Touch grabbed me. Thanks for sharing...and here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! They all have such gorgeous covers. I heard about Touched, will have to check that one out when the time comes.

    Audrey @ Her Fiction Fix (WoW)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for all of these! Touched sounds amazing and Dark Star is definitely calling my name lol. Great picks!

    Our WoW for the week =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent picks! All of them are already on my TBR/wishlist piles. Thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. New Follower! great picks, i have "Under the Never sky " on my TBR list. looks great.
    check out our WOW
    http://inkkreviews.blogspot.com

    Katie @ Inkk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to read Through the Ever Night! Touched sounds like a really interesting read too, great picks!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. All three are excellent picks and on my wish list :) You have great taste in books!!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete