Sunday, April 10, 2011

In My Mailbox (15)




In My Mailbox is a weekly meme that gives bloggers a chance to share what books they've received in the last week. It's hosted by The Story Siren and you can find out more info about it here.



Here’s what I got in my mailbox this week:


For Review
Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini (from Josie)
{Goodreads | preorder from Book Depository}
Ultraviolet by R.J. Anderson (from NetGalley)
{Goodreads | preorder from Book Depository}

Josie contacted me on Twitter and asked if I wanted a copy of her book since she noticed that I’m counting down to STARCROSSED on my sidebar. I was pretty giddy cause that means she visited MY blog and personally wanted to send ME a copy of her book. Notice how she also sent me 3 Dark Days bookmarks? I’m actually accumulating a bunch of extra swag... maybe I’ll have to do a swag giveaway sometime soon... ;)

I got ULTRAVIOLET through NetGalley. It sounds like a really interesting book about Alison, a girl in a mental hospital who is accused of killing the popular girl at school. The problem is that no body has turned up and Alison doesn't understand what happened. The two were fighting, then the other girl just disintegrated. It sounds like something I'm not used to reading, so hopefully it will be a different experience for me!

9 comments:

  1. I think they both look really interesting! And I would be extra excited too if an author actually took the type to stop by my blog and send me her book

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep hearing so many great things about Starcrossed! I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the cover for ULTRAVIOLET! STARCROSSED looks interesting, too. That's one from the Greek myths, right? Great books this week - enjoy!

    My IMM: http://maggiesbookshelf.blogspot.com/2011/04/in-my-mailboxread-this-week_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not heard of Ultraviolet. I'm a NetGalley member too -- I might have to check that one out. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great books you have there! Josie is awesome indeed,I've been stalking her around.LOL I'm so jealous that you already got the book!:)) It sounds awesome! And I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Ultraviolet. ;)
    Happy reading!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you, getting Starcrossed! I can't wait to read it - hope you enjoy!

    Thanks for stopping by Between the Covers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by Starting the Next Chapter. I feel like a kid in a candy store with all of my new books. LOL. I'm psyched for Starcrossed, as well. It's one of the top three books I'm waiting for. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by! I want to read Starcrossed! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so jealous that you snagged a copy of Starcrossed! I cannot wait for it to release. I'm probably going to have to preorder it.

    Melissa @ SheShines

    ReplyDelete